About the Client:
Client has been providing EAP and Work-Life solutions that help employers develop and maintain healthy work environments and improve their people’s health and productivity at work and home.
Existing System: Customer is using Watir for Web Automation and Calabash for Mobile Automation (iOS and Android)
Problem: As Calabash stopped support for future implementations, customer wants alternative solution for Calabash, which can support both new scripts and running of existing scripts.
- Integration of new tool with existing system.
- Re-use of existing Watir web application scripts with new implementation.
- Creation of common framework where both tools can work
Motivity Labs Solution: Proposed the below solution
- Identified Appium tool with Ruby script as alternative solution to Calabash
- Created new BDD Framework by adding Appium libraries to existing Calabash and Watir framework.
- Reduced Maintenance cost by re-using of existing with new tool, with support for both iOS and Android devices
- Reduced execution Time with increased quality.
- Reduced effort by creation of Generic Reusable functions available in the Framework
- Framework seamlessly switch between Web (Watir) & Mobile (Appium)
- Framework has the best reporting mechanism with screenshots