Trending BigData & HealthCare Solutions. As we know that Bigdata describes large volumes of complex, high-velocity, and variable data which require advanced technology to capture, store and analysis of information.
Trending BigData & HealthCare Solutions. Big data is big and is even growing bigger in health care, U.S. healthcare data alone reached 150 Exabytes, which is equal to 30 times all the words ever spoken by mankind. At this rate, all the data will reach an even higher number. It is true that Bigdata has a wide range of impacts on the American industry but the massive information sharing and analysis need to create remarkable benefits within health care. If we found out the main uses of Bigdata, we can observe that there are no better uses than that of healthcare. If we note the main need of the health care sector is: how to secure, share and lower the cost. So, it is important for the health sector to get the tools, techniques, and infrastructure to use Bigdata effectively, which will in fact improve the quality of service, help them save millions of dollars, and sustain in the market.
How exactly does Bigdata work in healthcare?
Big data is a collection of large volumes of data generated from various tools such as:
- Social media like Facebook, Twitter, and blogs also include websites, health plans, and insurance.
- Health care records, billing records, and other unstructured formats.
- Information from scanners readings, meters, and other sensors and machines
- Biometric data such as medical images, fingerprints, X-rays, MRI reports, DNA reports, retinal scans, and other medical-related information.
- Manually generated information like emails, prescriptions, medical appointments, rough notes on patient conditions, etc.,
By digitalizing, formatting and effectively using Bigdata, the healthcare sector and the related organizations will attain good benefits, which include detecting diseases at earlier stages, improving the quality and efficiency of healthcare, treating diseases successfully as they are detected at earlier stages, detecting health care fraud, it will help the government to manage specific disease affected populations.
Electronic health records in association with new analytics tools, open the door to mining information for the most effective outcomes across large populations.
The success testimonials:
There are some early success stories that show us the advantages and ease of work they could experience by using the Bigdata in health care solutions.
- Harvard medical school and Harvard pilgrim healthcare center showed the potential for computer algorithms to analyze HER data to detect and differentiate patients with diabetes, the algorithms were successful in detecting type I and II diabetes and also could identify patients who had been clinically diagnosed with diabetes.
- WHO (World health organization) has initiated Bigdata in global health such that most of the middle and low-income countries can experience the benefits and also helps the major health organizations to offer a better services in these countries.
- The University of Ontario partnered with IBM to combine Bigdata platforms to develop Project Artemis, which helps in streaming analytics to monitor the newborn, surprisingly the hospital was able to discover the symptoms of nosocomial infections 24 hours prior.
Many health institutions in the united states were able to use Bigdata and were able to gain the advantages in detecting health issues and infections and specific population healthcare solutions, and delivered healthcare effectively.
Strategies to perform Bigdata effectively:
- Simple and understandable tools: We need to create simple and understandable tools for the organizations such as dashboards, and dropdowns such that they can access the information with ease they can perform their real-time operations, and update the data for future references and prospects. The updated data will be used further for further detection of illness and will help in analytics.
Framework: The creation of a framework to analyze the whole data is a very important part of the whole process, this includes designing models, techniques, use of tools, minimizing the cost, decision making, risk management, and improvements according to the growing competition, and other requirements.
- Improve the quality in all surroundings: Good healthcare transformation requires dramatic and sustainable changes to the structure and process of healthcare. The Bigdata team should work with the whole healthcare community for the improvement which together can provide a framework that drives the administrative changes for achieving desired improvements to healthcare outcomes and efficiency.
- Fraud detection: Fraud detection is a very essential part of using Bigdata, the Bigdata techniques are used to detect fraudulent claims, and errors in payments, reviewing all the free service treatments. Previously all the medical claims were checked manually but with Bigdata, fraud detection is made easy, it will let the people know about the costly treatments, and procedures which will help them in overcoming delays, and will help in cost reduction.
BIGDATA also can be used to improve endeavors such as population health management and will help in the treatment of a wide range of chronic conditions.
Hence using Bigdata will help in rapid development in the health care industry and also help in fraud detection and a very advantageous format of health care for people and also to the health sector.
To see how we can help you with your Bigdata & health care needs talk to us today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Motivity Labs is a U.S. (Texas) based mobile, cloud, and Bigdata insights solution provider with a global presence. We look forward to creating applications using next-generation technology.
Motivity Labs was incorporated in 2010 and has quickly risen to 138 positions on the Inc. 5000 by successfully executing projects including development and testing efforts for some of the largest software companies in the world along with many Start-up companies.